Avenal Sand Drags is a state of the art 300' sand drag racing facility located in Avenal, CA that is highly regarded as one of the top venues for sand drag racing in the World. The track is owned & operated by Avenal Sand Drags, Inc. We offer a great show with vehicles ranging from Top Fuel Dragsters to Race Jeeps to Pro ATV's all the way down to the 4 year old Junior racers. Bring the whole Family out for a great day of Sand Drag Racing entertainment. There are food vendors, permanent bleachers for seating, and it's FREE to roam the pits to visit your favorite racers.
Next Event: Well it was another amazing week of racing at the Avenal Sand Drags Fall Nationals! We had a few glitches with the timing system on Friday but got it sorted out for the rest of the weekend. We would like to thank each and every one of you who have supported us for the past 20 years. We would also like to thank all of our sponsors, volunteers, and staff for all of the hard work that makes an event like this possible! We hope everyone has a great off season, and will be ready to race in 2023.
- Avenal Sand Drags held their first race in 2002
- Timing System: Portatree w/ Scoreboards
- Track Length: 300' w/ 1800' Shutdown
- On-Site Concessions Available
- Grandstands provide comfortable seating
- Digital scoreboards that show ET, MPH, & RT.
- Classes range from Top Fuel through Juniors
- Association-owned track: Avenal Sand Drags, Inc.
- DL King's A/Fuel ET World Record (2.76) set in 2004 held for 9 years before being broken.
- Several Top Fuel World Records were set at Avenal Sand Drags in the early mid-2000's.
- Track Record: Dennis Rieck - 2.245 ET (Apr-13)